We are driving transformational outcomes through our 3 lines of business to deliver on our purpose — connecting people with their world safely.
Our Lines of Business
Our 3 lines of business — Aerospace Services, Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting Services, and Enabling Services — support our ability to deliver services for our stakeholders.
Our Domains and Objectives
Our Transformation Outcomes
We are driving 10 transformational outcomes to deliver the aspirations for our 3 lines of business — Aerospace Services, Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting Services and Enabling Services — as we connect people with their world safely.
Optimised, resilient and efficient aerodrome services through scalable and flexible delivery.
- Digital Aerodrome Services: The introduction of digital air traffic operations at both Canberra and Western Sydney International Airports.
- Airport Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM): Optimise airport operations through enhanced collaboration with customers by sharing real-time data and insights.
Sustainable capacity growth with balanced community and customer outcomes.
- Deliver a balanced outcome for all stakeholders while supporting industry expansion and infrastructure investment at Melbourne and Perth airports and the new Western Sydney International Airport.
Optimised, safe and efficient use of Australian airspace through a single national air traffic system.
- OneSKY Program: Deliver a harmonised civil and military air traffic management system that enables us to meet Australia’s air traffic management needs into the future, maintain Defence capability, and meet national security imperatives.
- Airspace Modernisation: Improve aviation safety and efficiency through national standardisation and leveraging the benefits of increased surveillance coverage.
Safe and sustainable integration of the Uncrewed Aircraft System (UAS) market.
- Flight Information Management System: Testing, piloting, and proving technical feasibility to safely integrate uncrewed services into our existing operations servicing the aviation industry. We are advocating for Australia’s requirements in this emerging market through active engagement with standards and international harmonisation forums.
- Drone Detection: Increasing the safety and efficiency of our industry by building the foundations for drone surveillance around Australian airports.
People and Culture
A thriving purpose and values-led organisation, aligning people capabilities to need.
- Culture Reform Program: We will be a leading place to work in Australia, through our 4 key initiatives. Promoting a safe and inclusive place to work, embedding a culture of trust, care, and accountability, cultivating courageous and authentic leadership, and strategically optimising our workforce and talent.
Data and Information Services
Delivering valued insights by leveraging our unique air navigation and network capabilities.
- Digital Twin: Ecosystem insights and decision support through artificial intelligence (AI) that simulates and evaluates real-time data to improve both the network capacity utilisation and recovery from disruption.
- Aeronautical Information Management: Customers will receive interoperable, real-time, intuitive data harnessing automation and digitalisation of our Aeronautical Information Service (AIS).
- Enterprise Network Modernisation Program: Developing a next generation telecommunications network architecture for service expansion to deliver greater network resilience and reliability for our industry. This is a key dependency for the OneSKY Program.
Effective, engaging and efficient ways of working enabled by ‘next generation’ digital business tools and automation.
- Enterprise Resource Planning: Deliver a digitally enabled set of core business processes supported by modern enterprise resource planning tools improving the efficiency and efficacy of our enabling functions.
Infrastructure and Facilities
Safe, inclusive, engaging and sustainable workplaces, enabling delivery of our valued services.
- Inclusive facilities: Modernised facilities that improve the inclusiveness and safety for our people.
Environment, Community and Sustainability
Faster, greener, quieter outcomes for our communities and customers enabled by our commitment to sustainable aviation.
- Aircraft Noise Management: Minimise the impact of aviation noise on communities through safe and feasible options in consultation with community and industry.
- PFAS Management including Wastewater Management: Address the pollution legacy of our past use of fire fighting agents which included per-and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
- Environment Strategy: Reduced total environmental footprint by minimising our resource usage, reduced emissions and sustainable practices. Protection of our heritage sites.