On behalf of the Airservices Board, I present the Airservices 2020-21 Annual Performance Statement (APS), which has been prepared in accordance with section 39(1)(a) of the Public Governance Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act). It is our opinion that the statement accurately presents Airservices performance in the reporting period and complies with subsection 39(2) of the PGPA Act.
While responding to the impacts of the pandemic and building the foundation for change, we have remained committed to achieving our purpose to connect people with their world safely.
We continue to remain focused on the following objectives:
- Adjust our services to be scalable and more closely aligned to customer requirements while maintaining safety as the first priority
- Become a more inclusive and agile organisation by building a culture of trust, care and accountability
- Transition to a more flexible cost structure, with lower operating costs
- Accelerate the introduction of digitised services to prepare for future operating environments and improve productivity
- Transform our asset base to align capability to service demand and shift capital commitments to operating expenses
This section provides a detailed assessment of our 2020-21 performance against our key performance indicators (KPIs) and corporate plan initiatives, balanced against our 3 strategic pillars: Customers, People and Financials. Case studies provide supporting information on the efforts that have influenced our performance outcomes.