|2018-19 Result||2019-20 Result||2020-21 Target||2020-21 Result|
|Lost time injury frequency rate (LTIFR)|
A lost time injury is an occurrence that resulted in time lost from work as one day or shift, permanent disability or fatality. The rate measures the number of lost time injuries per million hours worked.
|Employee engagement index|
Expressed as a percentage of satisfaction.
Expressed as a percentage of the extent to which employees feel that the work environment is inclusive of all employees.
Source: Airservices 2020-21 Corporate Plan, page 19.
* Launch of new Continuous Feedback platform (Glint) in October 2020.
Our LTIFR decreased by 56.5 per cent year-on-year, continuing its trend downwards over the past 5 years. This downward trend coincides with our targeted hazard, risk reduction and early intervention programs, which have reduced injuries in our aviation rescue fire fighters by 74 per cent compared with the previous year.
We transitioned to a new technology-led staff engagement survey in December 2020 to enable more frequent, relevant, real-time data and insights about our work environment and culture. As a result, the Employee Engagement and Diversity Index scores are based on slightly different questions from the previous annual surveys.
|PEOPLE INITIATIVES ACHIEVEMENTS||ACHIEVEMENTS|
|REALIGNED OPERATING MODEL EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENTS|
Redesign our operating model to operate as an efficient customer value chain while driving the right behaviours and culture across the organisation.
|To deliver greater value to meet customers' needs, we implemented a new value chain operating model and reset our Leadership team. This provided us the opportunity to:
· ensure strategy and investment is focused on customer needs led by a newly established customer experience function.
· reduce our cost-to-service by removing duplication and silos.
· support our cultural transformation by influencing customer-centric mindset and behaviours.
We adapted and changed to more flexible workplaces and working arrangements and implemented Microsoft Office 365 (M365). This new secure platform will facilitate our ability to work from anywhere, at any time and from any device.
|ALIGNED VALUES, LEADERSHIP AND BEHAVIOURS|
Deliver actions in response to the recommendations from the Review of Culture at Airservices Australia, and enhance leadership to build a foundation of trust, care and accountability.
|We implemented changes to our workplace to drive sustainable cultural reform, including:
· established a Cultural Reform Board to oversee the implementation of our commitments.
· implemented Safe Place, an independent unit designed to provide our people with a compassionate and human-centred response to negative workplace behaviours.
· launched our redesigned Purpose and Values to align to our desired culture, and continue to embed the new values across the organisation.
· established a series of employee networks that allow people to act as champions and allies and promote an inclusive workplace experience.
· updated our code of conduct standard to ensure a safe, inclusive and respectful workplace.
· adopted a new facilities inclusion standard for all our facilities to ensure our workplaces are inclusive and comfortable for all staff. We assessed all existing facilities against these new standards, identifying the work required to close any gaps.
· introduced a values-based behavioural assessment to pass probation, and the assessment of our leaders against our new leadership standard.
Launched a Leadership program involving virtual modules, 360-degree feedback, action-planning and coaching to support our leaders to deliver our target culture, focusing on developing values-based leaders who are courageous, vulnerable and authentic in their practice.
|ALIGNED STRATEGIC WORKFORCE AND TALENT|
Develop a sustainable strategic workforce planning approach/framework, and identify ongoing skill and capability requirements (skills, culture, mindset).
|We developed and presented a strategic workforce plan and framework for organisational workforce planning.
We recruited new capabilities to focus on the current and future skill and capability requirements for enabling functions.